You must be an organisation administrator to do this.
How to get here
Once you've logged into Vision and are viewing the map, do the following:
- Click the Account Management button (it's the second button from the right in the top menu).
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Organisations I'm linked to, and click on the relevant organisation.
- In the first section titled Organisation details, click on the Manage button to the right.
For a Custom Demographic built from other demographics you subscribe to:
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Subscribed Demographic Sets, and click on the relevant demographic set.
For a demographic you've created and imported values for:
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Our Demographic Sets, and click on the relevant demographic set.
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Demographic Groups, and click on the relevant demographic group.
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Our Demographics, and click on the Create button to the right.
Choose the type of Demographic you want to create. This cannot be changed once created.
For more information on each Demographic Type, see this article. The Custom option will only be available if there are at least 2 demographics in the Demographic Group you chose to create this new Demographic in.
Give the new Demographic a title.
We recommend this is different from all other Demographics.
Set the remaining values as required. We've provided help on each here.
|Value Prefix||A value of up to 10 characters which is displayed before actual Demographic Values.|
|Value Suffix||A value of up to 10 characters which is displayed after actual Demographic Values.|
|Decimal places on output||The number of decimal places to display. May be between 0 and 6 inclusive.|
|Hide from external users?||If ticked, Demographic Values are hidden from External Users even when the Layer settings are not set to Suppress Demographics.|
If you've chosen to create a Demographic of Custom type, you will need to select which Demographics should be aggregated to create new Demographic Values for this one. You can do this in the Select Demographics to aggregate section. Simply click a Demographic in this section to select/deselect it.
Click Save in the top-right to complete the process.
If you chose to create a Standard Demographic, you will be taken to the Demographic Summary page.
If you chose to create a Custom Demographic, you will then be taken to Build Demographic Values for the Custom Demographic.