You must be an organisation administrator to do this.
How to get here
Once you've logged into Vision and are viewing the map, do the following:
- Click the Account Management button (it's the second button from the right in the top menu).
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Organisations I'm linked to, and click on the relevant organisation.
- In the first section titled Organisation details, click on the Manage button to the right.
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Our Users (for Internal Users) or External Users we're sharing Layers with (for External Users), and click on the relevant user.
- Scroll down until you find the section titled Layers we give them access to, and click the Manage button to the right.
On the Manage User Layers page, you will see a list of all Layers available within your Organisation. Any Layers which the User already has access to will be preselected.
You can select/deselect a Layer by clicking anywhere on each Layer's header.
For all selected Layers, set any Layer options for the User (optional). We've included the table below to explain each option.
If ticked, the Layer will be view-only even when the User has been given Edit Permissions.
You can use this to allow Users to edit records whilst protecting specific Layers from being edited.
This is mandatory for Subscribed Layers and Private Layers where the Apply Filter and Display Rule options are used.
If you have Filters set up for the Layer, you can select one to limit which records are displayed to the User.
Applying a Filter will select the View Only option.
Setting this to Limit data on relationships allows you to limit the User to only the records in which they have direct relationships with.
This requires the User is assigned to a location representing them in a Layer and that an API is in place to link records together across layers.
Setting this to Limit data on relationships will select the View Only option.
Click the Save button in the top-right to complete the process. You will be returned to the User Summary page.