In Update 4 - released on 19th June 2017 - we started to introduce ways for customers to self-administer their Vision systems (read the release notes here).
Update 5 is a massive expansion of the system administration area as we move towards our goal of allowing customers to fully manage their systems; getting them what they need, faster.
When will Update 5 arrive?
Vision Update 5 will be released on Monday, 17th July 2017 at 9 PM (GMT).
The expansion of system administration
Update 5 allows organisation administrators to:
- Create new layers
- Location layers for storing customers, stores, competitors etc.
- Area layers based upon subscribed geography or existing area layers (territories/areas/regions etc.)
- Edit layer settings/formatting
- Choose border colours and thickness
- Choose label colours and size
- Choose icon colours
- Change display settings
- Choose which demographics are displayed for each layer, and in what order
- Delete unneeded layers
- Create classifications
- Choose which classifications are available on which layers
- Delete unneeded classifications
An enhanced layer control and legend
We've updated the layer control and legend to better reflect what is being shown on the map. Now, when you turn on a layer, you'll see an icon better reflecting its formatting on the map. Additionally, in the legend, we've updated the icons so that they reflect both the layer's formatting and classification's settings.
Better login expiry detection
Currently, when you leave Vision open in your browser and don't come back to it for four hours or more you get logged out for security purposes. It's only when you try to perform an action, however, that you find out and are returned to the login screen.
From Update 5, your browser will detect that the session is about to end and prompt you. If you don't respond to this within 5 minutes, then we'll automatically log you out and return you to the login screen.
Tweaks and bug fixes
- We've fixed a bug which, under the right circumstances, caused an overlay to appear on top of the legend.
- We've fixed a visualisation issue when switching between the information window and the record selector for multi-points.
- We've fixed a small issue with clicking search results while creating/editing an area with the Geography Editor.
Article is closed for comments.